The Project is named after the adjacent landmark Lotus Pond, located in the university quarter of Yangzhou.
It will offer a unique mix of markets and hospitality.
This comprises an organic vegetable market in the underground level, a Chinese medicine and specialty foods market on the ground floor, and a hotel facing the Lotus Pond on the upper levels.
The design reflects on the local building traditions of courtyard houses with high enclosing walls of grey bricks. To transform these traditions into the 21st century, we “lifted the curtain” of the enclosing parametrically designed wall, and located the hotel surrounding a central yard above the market.
That yard will be covered by a timber structure reminiscent of the seed pods of lotus flowers.
- Wellness CentreBrook McFarlane2021-09-15T13:27:59+13:00
- Half Moon BayBrook McFarlane2021-09-15T12:33:04+13:00
- Waiheke HouseBrook McFarlane2021-09-15T13:24:48+13:00
- Queenstown HouseBrook McFarlane2021-09-15T13:29:47+13:00
- Remuera TownhouseBrook McFarlane2021-09-15T12:39:10+13:00
- Art Centre and HotelBrook McFarlane2021-09-15T12:32:22+13:00
- Anchi HotelBrook McFarlane2021-09-15T11:44:30+13:00
- Lotus PondBrook McFarlane2021-09-15T12:30:19+13:00
- Whitford HouseBrook McFarlane2022-02-16T09:59:24+13:00